Information Services Manager
This vacancy has either been occupied or is expired!
Job ID: 45608
Location: Karachi, , Pakistan
Job Category: FMCG
Employment Type: Full time
- Through subordinate supervisors, manages and directs staff activities to provide timely services to other work units throughout and ensure efficient daily operation of the Information System 2. Establishes performance measures, goals, objectives and priorities for subordinate staff using principles of management and technical expertise.
- Directs the development, design, re-design, implementation, and enhancement of manual and automated systems to increase efficiency, customer service and employee productivity using principles of management and technical expertise.
- Designs computer networks to develop secure and efficient L/WANs, meet customer needs, and alleviate complex network traffic using technical expertise.
- Monitors and evaluates computer systems to ensure each system and network performance is at its peak operating capacity and efficiency level using technical expertise.
- Reviews and coordinates the planning and execution of system upgrades and equipment replacement projects to ensure system outages are kept to a
- minimum using oral communication and project management techniques.
- Conducts needs assessments of user requirements to determine current and future needs (e.g. for updated equipment, programs, etc.) and develops and/or revises programs specific to assigned Section using technical expertise and needs assessment techniques.
- Administers the Section budget and oversees the expenditures and budget allotments to ensure the Section has sufficient funding throughout the fiscal year using budgetary skills, spreadsheet software, manual andautomated reports.
- Prepares and submits written documents of an administrative and technical nature to communicate information using written communications and a personal computer.
- Interprets and disseminates information to inform employees and provide responses to their questions using oral/ written communications and technical expertise.
- Monitors projects to ensure they are completed on time and within budgetusing oral and written goals and objectives as well as automated systems.
- Monitors HELP Desk service requests to ensure total number of open requests do not exceed acceptable levels using a personal computer and tracking system.
- Prepares and conducts briefings presentations to management or other executives to report information and answer questions using technical expertise and oral communications skills.
- Approves the acquisition of hardware and software to ensure items are in compliance with Section policies and strategies using written documentation
- and oral communication.
- Monitors and evaluates employees' work performance to advise staff of the requirements and expectations of their positions and provide feedback using direct observation and oral/written communications.
BS/MS Computer Science from a reputable university with 15-15 years of experience in a multinational ERP environment preferably an FMCG or Manufacturing Environment.
Must have strong Project Management Skills (e.g. planning, costing, organizing, coordinating, and supervising projects of varying size and magnitude.)
written communications for both administrative and technical purposes.