This vacancy has either been occupied or is expired!
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Department: Plant & Maintenance
Experience: 4+ years of directly related experience with a bachelor’s degree; 2+ years of directly related experience with a master’s degree.
Salary Package: Commensurates with experience
Job Location: Karachi
1. Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are
encountered before, during, and after construction.
2. Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to engineering data and
knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
3. Install and maintain electrical control systems and solid state equipment.
4. Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
5. Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies,
or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
6. Collaborate with electrical engineers and other personnel to identify, define, and solve
7. Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical instruments or testing equipment.
8. Analyze and interpret test information to resolve designrelated problems.
9. Write commissioning procedures for electrical installations.
10. Prepare project cost and worktime estimates.
11. Evaluate engineering proposals, shop drawings and design comments for sound electrical
engineering practice and conformance with established safety and design criteria, and
recommend approval or disapproval.
12. Draw or modify diagrams and write engineering specifications to clarify design details and
functional criteria of experimental electronics units.
13. Conduct inspections for quality control and assurance programs, reporting findings and
14. Prepare contracts and initiate, review and coordinate modifications to contract specifications
and plans throughout the construction process.
15. Plan, schedule and monitor work of support personnel to assist supervisor.
16. Review existing electrical engineering criteria to identify necessary revisions, deletions or
amendments to outdated material.
17. Perform supervisory duties such as recommending work assignments, approving leaves and
completing performance evaluations.
18. Plan method and sequence of operations for developing and testing experimental electronic and
19. Visit construction sites to observe conditions impacting design and to identify solutions to
technical design problems involving electrical systems equipment that arise during construction.
20. Provide Electrical Engineering services to design, specify, and approve power distribution
required for the construction of state of the art Data Center/Mission Critical and other facilities.
21. Interface with utility companies, construction supervisors, and vendors.
22. Facilitate power quality studies, capacity studies, remediation, UPS and emergency power
strategy, short circuit and load coordination studies, and control system strategies.
23. Incorporation of renewable power sources into traditional power systems providing mission
24. Function as the Lead Electrical Engineer in the design and preparation of construction
25. Provide technical direction to designers and drafters assigned to specific tasks.
26. Responsible for the quality and delivery of schematic and detailed designs.
27. Professional Engineering approval of work performed under direct supervision.
28. Able to incorporate ‘green’ features into design solutions.
1. Bachelors in Electrical Engineering from a reputable college (Foreign degree is preferred) or
related technical fields related with critical requirements such as telecommunications, data
centers, disaster recovery, hospitals and power plants.
2. Technical and Professional Engineer license by examination and previous data center/mission
critical facility, semiconductor, government or manufacturing project experience mandatory.
3. Recommended but not required LEED certification, and memberships with organizations such
as the Uptime Institute, 7×24 Exchange.
4. Ideal candidate would have deep technical understanding and experience with:
• Utility requirements,
• Diesel generators,
• Paralleling switchgear,
• PLC controls,
• Battery systems (VRLA and flooded cell),
• Static Transfer Switches,
• Medium and low voltage distribution switchgear and switchboards, harmonics filtering,
grounding/signal reference grids, over current coordination and fault current studies, and
5. Good written and verbal communication skills; including technical writing skills.
6. Able to work and communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, surgeons, marketers
and suppliers to develop products from concept through commercialization in a crossfunctional
7. Able to represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues.
8. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
9. Must be able to handle multiple tasks/projects and manage priorities accordingly.
10. Must be flexible in a changing professional environment.
11. Familiarity and competence with the following:
• MicroSoft Office applications.
• SKM Power tools for Windows
• Lighting Programs
• AutoCAD / MEP / P&ID / BIM software
• Experience designing, implementing, & managing storage area networks (SAN) &
network attached storage (NAS)
• Thoroughly familiar with National Electrical Code, NFPA documents, EIA / TIA, and
|Assistant Manager QA||Systems Limited||Lahore,|
|Assistant Manager- Quality Assurance||Systems Limited||Karachi,|
|Assistant Manager Medical Services||Allianz EFU Health Insurance||Karachi,|
|Sales Officer||Orient Energy Systems||Karachi,|
|Senior Manager||Allianz EFU Health Insurance||Karachi,|
|Linux C++ Developer||TenPearls||Karachi,|
|Mobile Application Developer||TenPearls||Karachi,|
|Technical Lead - .NET||TenPearls||Karachi,|
|Senior Android Developer||TenPearls||Karachi,|
|Experienced .Net Developer||SoftFit Technologies||Karachi,|
|Security Guard||Lucky Textile Mills||Karachi,|
This May Learning Minds! Group's 'Executive Education Program' brings specialized courses for you... Register NOW and avail early bird discount.
An extraordinary training for receptionists, telephone operators, personal assistants, and front desk officers.
Do you want to put an announcement here and reach out to everyone?